Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dayton's "Jesus"

I think as parents sometimes we under estimate how smart our little ones are. For family home evening this month we have really been working on the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. We have a book that tells the whole story, sings Silent Night, and every page shows of picture of baby Jesus. I always point to the picture and say "Jesus" trying to get him to understand. This morning Dayton brought the book to me, for me to read it. I opened it up and just pointed to the baby Jesus and said "ohhhh baby", Dayton looked back up to me and shook his head and said "Jesus!". Cute huh! I am so touched that he is so smart. I love it that he understands who that book is about. That is the best Christmas gift that I believe Dayton could ever give me. It goes to show that children are truly from heaven, and they, just as we are, all children of God.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so precious. I can't wait for those special moments when my children learn about the Savior. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

HAHA kids are a very distant future for us. We have a lot of playing to do to catch up from me waiting for him on his mish. We have lots of adventures to go on first. :)

DigandStacee said...

YAY Dayton! He is getting big so fast! Huked un fonix isn't needed at yur howse. hahaha

kendahl a. said...

He's SO cute! Mery Christmas to you guys and make sure you call me if you come down to Utah, we should do lunch or dinner or something!

dave and meagan said...

He is the cutest and I agree that we underestimate how smart children are. Love ya guys. Give Dayton a kiss from his Aunt Meagan