My garden grows with watering it every morning and night, lots of love and lots of patients. I talk to my garden and I love it. I think I need my garden more than it needs me. I have found it very peaceful and therapeutic. I have been very stressed and depressed lately and its been so nice to go outside and take care of my garden. Above is a picture of HALF of what I harvested this morning in 5 different kids of lettuce including spinach. (I have 4 more full gallon sized bags full!) I have been so overloaded that I have been giving it away as gifts to those who I think would enjoy it. It feels so nice when I see how happy it makes other people. Like my little own way of service. Its kind of healing and helps me to feel better.
These pictures don't seem to do my garden justice! all of them make it look so small! These tomato plants are actually up to my waist!! I haven't used a drop of compost or miracle grow and I still have been having success!
These are my snow peas and American peas behind my tomatoes. I had a really hard time getting them to grow. With help of my Grandpa Strong he helped me with a little secret to let the seeds sit in water for 12 hours before putting them in wet soil. Sure enough at my second attempt 15 days after planting, they came up. They are a month old now, and are growing well.
My boys were really big helpers with the cucumbers, zucchini, and crookneck squash. They planted seeds every where. Last year I had an over abundance of squash and this year i cant get them to grow as well. It doesn't help that my boys find it fun to pull them up as soon as they see them growing. So this is the 4TH round of them believe it or not!! The one plant in the back left hand corner is zucchini and I have had 4 yields out of it so far. All of my other ones should be this big but what I can I say! My kids just want to be gardeners too! There is a straight back row of beans in the back of this picture too. They had a late start like my peas. I planted them the first time and I waited for a full month and no sprouts. I re did them and put them in water like I did the peas and sure enough... they worked like that also!
Here is a picture of another tomato plant, cauliflower and beets! My beets are growing like mad! They have been my easiest growers this year. Cauliflower has been hard and I am sure its not going to work out. But i don't feel too bad. Everyone that I have talked to has said that cauliflower is more of an advanced vegetable and this is the first time I have ever had an official garden! I am sure I will learn more in the years to come!
This picture is hard to see but there is beets up at the corner of the house. Below that... all that little green stuff is carrots. This section has been hard cause Zoe walks on it ever day when she goes out the side gate. I think next year I will put up a little garden fence so it doesn't get trampled. At the very top of the picture is 3 rows of lettuce. The row closest to the house is the spring lettuce which has 3 different variety's, middle row is butter crunch lettuce and the next row is spinach. I harvested my lettuce before this picture was taken this morning! It only takes a day or two and the yields will be huge again. Off on the grass you can see all the lettuce that either was too big or had bug bites in them or they looked funny that i didn't want to use. I feel so blessed that my garden is growing and that we are able to enjoy it at our lunch and dinner table everyday.
Mickey Mouse Invitation Template Printable Free
5 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment