Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Daytons Nut Reaction

Its official. We now know FOR SURE that Dayton is allergic to nuts. I had a mad craving for celery and peanut butter. Dayton grabbed some celery and I was fine with it. Then he wanted some peanut butter......I gave in, but only for the fact that Jason is always saying that I am making it up when I see reactions in Dayton. Dayton had maybe...ohh..not even an 8Th of a tsp and he spit it out and his top lip instantly swelled up. Ever seen Hitch? yeah Dayton's exact reaction. From there he started coughing and then his eyes swelled up and then his hands and feet. Poor little guy. I gave him medicine and I had the epi pen close by. (So glad that I didn't have to use it!!) I cant help but wonder what the effects would have been, had he ate a little more peanut butter, and he swallowed it and didn't spit it out? It easily could had required the epi pen I believe. I am so thankful that he is okay and I got all of the swelling down. A note to everyone..DAYTON IS ALLERGIC TO NUTS!


3 comments:

Ty & Em said...

It's so scary huh!!! That's what happened when I gave Brody his baby food that had eggs in it! It was so scary!! Poor Dayton!

DigandStacee said...

Poor little Dayter tot!

Tarbet Family said...

Liz you little cutie,
can you believe it? I have never looked at your blog. okay I am never on the computer and I don't really have time to blog, but you have the cutest pics on there. You looked beautiful on your wedding day, and your cake....holy poopy....that suckers I think could kill someone, lets just say i'm seriously jealous, and I didn't know you were that awesome at wedding cakes, now I'm really bummed you saw Maddox's cake. Oh well you're a good friend, you won't judge my unawesome skills. LOL. Anyway take care, probably come see you soon and bring you delicious treats....minus the peanut butter