Jason in the ER
Jason the following morning eating his breakfast.On St. Patricks day I received a phone call from Jason around 1 pm saying that he had a stomach ache. Well I just kinda blew it off, he will puke and then be on his merry way again, but that wasn't the case. I talked to him a few more times to find out it was getting worse and it felt like there was a knife in his right side. Then I got the phone call around 5 saying that he said he wanted me to meet him in the emergency room and that he thought he was having a problem with his appendix Jason being 100 miles away from the hospital had to drive himself there. Being very glad that I was in Utah with family support for help with my kids I met him there at 6:30.(he arrived about 5 minutes before I did) He started off his experience with the worst IV known to man, Jason said it hurt way more than his appendix. Then it went quiet and we didn't see anyone for awhile. We sat there waiting to find out what the problem was for about 3 hours and then once they said confirmed that it was his appendix, they took him off to go and get surgery. Then the ER experience all of a sudden was moving quite fast. Surgery was 40minutes long, and then 45 minutes in recovery and then he was back and assigned to a room on the surgery recovery floor. The doc came in and said that Jason did good and everything went well. He said that he wasn't going to give any restrictions on what Jason could do because he said that "Jason would know his limits". He also said Jason could go back to work as soon as he wanted. At first this scared me but later I found out that Jason actually does feel pain and he doesn't just get right back up and start lifting and working. We were released from the hospital at 11 am on the 18th. Jason couldn't even hold Jace for 2 days, and then once he did he was complaining that it hurt. Jason would even complain about driving in the car because the little bumps hurt. He tried to convince me that a Tahoe would drive a lot better and he wouldn't hurt so bad in it, but I wasn't convinced. Jason is healing slowly but he is getting better. Poor Guy.

No comments:
Post a Comment