Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Open For Business






We have officially moved into our new shop here is Rock Springs, Wyoming.   It might just be one of the scariest things that I have ever done in my life.   Our new building is located at 1889 Dewar Drive.   Our new building has a shop, a truck show room, waiting room, play room, office, clean parts storage room, dirty parts storage room, an engine building room and of course the most important part the shop area.   The total square footage is 4,300 sq. ft.  
I now have an extra job added onto my plate.  I work the front desk at the shop everyday from 4-7 and all day on Saturdays.  For the most part if people cannot make show up within our business hours we will do things by appointment. 
Jason has worked at his everyday job now for 12 years and its starting to get old.  The job does pay pretty good but Jason isn't happy. Ever since he owned his first truck he knew he wanted to open up a shop of his own.  There is a lot of doubt from both Jason's and My family whether we are doing the right thing or not.  But our response is...".you never know until you try".  This is a very big, very expensive project that can be a huge loss or a huge profit.  The facts is, there is not a diesel shop like us within a 200 mile radius.  So we ARE needed.  As soon as we get the word out about us hopefully the trucks come.
My kids are OK with the whole shop thing.  They don't love being there and they don't hate it.  Good news is, there are toys there and a TV and a DVD player, as well as a few bikes to keep them entertained.  With time we will have more here to keep them entertained.  But I would way rather have them here with me then sending them off to a day care
So I guess here is to a new year and a new shop!  Wish us luck in our new endeavors! 

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Good luck! Dave says he'll send people your way :)

Sara Oliver said...

A lot of hard work ahead. You will have good days and bads days. Set goals for family life and shop life. Liz owning your own business comes from a long family line of business people. I am proud of you both. You are now both living the American Dream. Good Luck!

Franc Family said...

I do wish you luck, but I commend you on taking that risk! What you said is so true, sometimes you leap and fly and sometimes you leap and fall, but you don't know until you leap!