Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Elko NV. Sled Pull

Me and Jason have been married for almost 5 years and the last time that we went and spend the night somewhere was... almost five years ago on our honeymoon.    We decided that there will never be another time better than now and we went to the Elko, NV sled pull by our selves.
We drove down to Lehi on Friday around 7 and dropped off the kids with Stacee.  Jason and I after that went and ate dinner at Texas Roadhouse.  We started to make our way to Wendover after that.  Wendover was fun.  We stayed in the Nugget hotel.  Jason gambled and I watched.  As soon as 11 came we were done and we went back to the room and slept.  On Saturday morning we hit the breakfast buffet and then headed for Elko.   The drive was nice.  Its amazing how fast you can get somewhere when you don't have to stop and take pee breaks and snack breaks ever 40 miles.  Once we were to Elko we headed to the movie theater to watch "Cowboys and Aliens"  which was great.  Then he headed off of wash the truck and went to the sled pulls. 
The pulls were better than we expected.  The crowd was bigger than it has ever been (which was still tiny) and there was only 24 trucks that signed up to pull.  There was 3 in Jason's class.  Jason pulled first and the weight on the transfer sled never moved so we had to repull.  Our second pull still went great!!  we pulled 334 ft.  enough for 2nd.  But it was huge for us because the truck has been running great!!  After the pulls were done we started out search for a hotel..we couldn't find anything.  So we went to dinner at Red Lion.  It was delish.  After our meal was done we headed towards wendover to find somewhere to stay.  We found nothing.  the closest hotel with vacancy was in SLC so we had no choice but to sleep in the truck.  It SUCKED!! but we tried to stay positive about it.  We slept 6 hour or so and decided that it wasn't that great of sleeping and we figured that breakfast sounded great.  We made it to wendover and ate at the Montego Bay breakfast buffet.  It was so good and it made us feel way better.  After breakfast we gambled some more.  I only lost $3 bucks...Jason lost $170.  It turns out that I am a way better gambler than he is.  We picked up the kids around 2 stopped by the Moon's house and then Jason's Dad's house and then we were on our way homeward bound. 
I missed our kids terribly but I couldn't deny that I loved spending time with Jason.  It was so awesome to just worry about each other.  We had an amazing time.  I have missed him so much and I cant wait for our next adventure alone together.  A huge thanks goes out to my family who all chipped in to watch the kids.  Me and Jason's get away would have not been possible without them. 

No comments: