Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Family Changes

As most know my parents are currently going through a divorce, It shouldn't take much longer now for it all to be final. I have never wrote about it and I rarely rarely talk about it to my friends. Its been hard..really hard. Especially on days like today when I look at my baby ticker and see that I only have 49 more days of being pregnant, and my family wont be standing all together to greet him. I have chosen the not taking sides route which has made things even harder. It has caused both of my parents to be very distant. Dad hardly talks to me, Mom hardly talks to me. I personally believe both of them feel I have taken sides with the other thus the reason for all of the distance. Its not true through I am just equally distant from both. Me and Jason have chosen to not stay over night in Utah county and to just make day long trips, thus not causing problems of where we are staying the night. I am deathly scared for the holidays and worrying about my parents feeling lonely or sad. Life just feels broken. Jason says it will get better but he said he took about 5 or 6 years for his family to get better and feel normal and that is devastating!! By that point Dayton will be 7 or 8! Honestly I wish my parents were open to their flaws and open to changing themselves therefore staying together. We really did have a happy family. It makes me regret not pushing my family to getting yearly family pictures together. The most recent one we have is Thanksgiving of 07 which is getting to be pretty dated and a lot of changes has happened since then. If any good has come out of this, it is that my marriage is stronger than ever. I have learned that love is a gift. A gift we must treasure and protect. I have learned that love cannot exist if there is no trust and no respect. "Thank yous" and "I love yous" are in abundant supply at my home. I feel because me and Jason are both from broken families that we well make it to forever and he feels the same. I hope for the best in my parents future and I pray that we can all put the past behind us and try to live normal again.

6 comments:

kendahl a. said...

I'm so sorry you have to go through this! I know I will never know exactly what you're going through, but wanted to let you know that I am here if you need me, to talk to or anything.

Anonymous said...

I had no idea Liz. I am so sorry. That would be so hard. Especially being prego and living so far away. Remember to pray lots and just keep doing what it right. Everything will turn out ok. My heart goes out to you.

DigandStacee said...

Dear Sister, I know that this is hard. We are strong and will get past this. We have over came soooo many challenges in the past. We just have to look for a brighter tomorrow. What we can look forward to is seeing our own family's grow and just love our parents for who they are. I love you so much we have a bond that will never break. Just give this challenge some time it will work out for the best! I love you Love STacee

Cammie said...

You are a strong woman! If anyone can get through this hard time...it's you! That's for sure.

Sara Oliver said...

I am very sorry that you are hurting, I never in my dreams thought that I for one would be going through a divorce. I have prayed and I know that I needed to make the choice that was given. I totally agree with you about keeping good communications and trust in a marriage. Always pray together liz and also be honest with each other. I love you and i have never wanted to hurt anyone, I am the one that has the pain to carry and through the atonement I have realized that my savior has already gone through the pain and suffering and knows the feelings that myself and you kids are going through. You are a sweetheart and I will always be there in your life.

Ryan & Kasha said...

I have come VERY close to going through the same thing in our family. It was a terrible time! I hope everything turns out for the best! Let me know if you need anything.