Tuesday was eventful to say the least. I had
accomplished a lot that morning. By 3:30 I was thinking of dinner and decided to start early. I got everything out to make tapioca pudding. I laid
Jace on the counter while I was putting things together(I laid Dayton on the counter everyday while working for Shepherds). As the eggs whites were beating, I decided to go check on Dayton (he was down for a nap). As I walked past the counter
Jace was just fine, then out of the corner of my eye I saw
Jace at the end of the counter, I moved like I never have before and was there for him just to slip out of my fingers and him fall face down onto the tile floor. I was moving so fast that I don't even know how hard he hit. He was instantly in my arms. He first went red and cried. I prayed, I prayed like I never have prayed before.
Jace's crying slowed, then stopped. He went pale and stopped moving like he was going asleep. Something told me to wake him up by putting his little feet under cold water, and I did so. He woke up and started to fuss a little. I called Jason as soon as I could and told him what had happened and he told me to take
Jace to the emergency room. I called the neighbor (thanks Cammie) and had her come and get Dayton where he was still in bed. I ran and got in the car with
Jace in my lap and Drove to the emergency room.
Jace was quiet on the way over. Just looking around and not really moving. Once he was there he was moving and alert like nothing had even happened. After the doctor did a full exam, he said, "When things like this happen it's really amazing because we find that babies bounce." He went on to explain about how babies bones are soft and bendable. After a few X-rays were done (they all turned out perfect) the doctor had said we were good to go home. He printed off a paper on how to take care of a "contusion" (just a fancy word for bruise) in case one showed up and then we were on our way home.
Jace never did get a mark or a bruise of any sort. He was fine. He is perfect.
Jace I am so thankful that you are okay. This scared me to death!! I am so sorry and I have forever learned my lesson. Sometimes from the strangest situations good or bad, we get nicknames. I think you have
received your first nickname.
Jace "bounce"
Stott.
1 comment:
Liz no matter how careful you are things happen. You are an amazing momma! I love ya! See you this weekend. Macade is excited to see dayo!
Post a Comment