Friday, June 18, 2010

Logan, Utah Sled pull. "Fire in the Hole!"







We had a very eventful weekend in Logan. It was busy busy busy! Jason's dad, My dad and my sister Megan and her husband Lee came to support us. The first sled pull of the season is always really excited and everyone is so nervous. Jason was to pull 3rd in his class. Followed by Ed who was pulling second. Jason was so busy working with Ed's truck that he barley had time to get into his own truck and pull. (Ed never did get his truck figured out because of nerves) Jason pulled and was doing awesome...and then POP!.....Fire in the hole! We had blown up our low pressure turbo and it had cause a fire. It was a scary sight. I normally expect a break down with our track record but I never never never expect fire! I was screaming to Jason "Get out of the truck!" of course he didn't hear me. He just sat there inside of the truck because he didn't know the truck had blown up he just thought that there was fire coming out of the hood stack. Jason's Dad actually had to walk over and tell Jason to get out and get the fire extinguisher. After we had the truck pulled back to the motor home, Jason was doing good. I on the other hand was freaking out. Break downs are always really expensive and I was expecting the worst. (I didn't know until later on that night what had cause the fire) The news came out to be not so bad and I felt a little better. And I also felt pretty good that even though we blew up we still got 2ND place. We all slept pretty good that night and loaded up, made a quick run to the Logan zoo, (its right next to the arena) and then we left for the road. We headed home the long way so we could stop in SLC to see Jason's sister Meagan because she hasn't been feeling good. As soon as the motor home pulled into SLC we heard a POP thud thud thud! We went out and checked to see what it was and it was a tire on the motor home. (the tires had only been on the motor home for 2 months) We were close enough to Jason's work shop that we went there and put on a loaner tire so we could make it the rest of the trip (there are not really many options on a Sunday) We finally made it to Ricks house and visited for awhile and then we were on the road again. As soon as we hit I215 we heard another POP! We had officially blown another tire. By this point it was 6 pm and we knew there was nothing that we could do other than drive the motor home back to Jason's Dads house and stay the night till we could go to the tire shop the next morning. First thing in the morning we pack up and headed to Les Scwab and we waited there for tires for 3 hours. Once there were finished then we headed home with out any more problems. To say the very least. It was a very very memorable, expensive weekend. Hopefully the Next pull in Idaho falls will go better! Wish us Luck!
A video of this sled pull can be seen on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCCeq7odp9E
or just look up "addicted sled pull Logan 2010" in the you tube search

1 comment:

Megan said...

Yes I took all of the pictures! I am so talented!