Little Dayton is starting to catch on to more and more things every day.
Story 1. Yesterday for breakfast Heavenly father and Jesus were brought up after the prayer. Dayton looked at me and said "Why does Jesus love me?" The question caught me off guard, I looked around and told him the first thing that came to my head. "Because he is your brother" I wish I would have said something more, I wish I would have had warning of the question so I had some time to think of a great answer. But you do what you do when you are on the spot. Not moment later Dayton asks "Who is Heavenly Father?" I replied "Well he is your Father in Heaven" Dayton was confused he pointed to Jason and said, "no that is my dad". I then tried to explain about the pre-earth life and heaven....it was no use. Dayton's attention span was gone. While eating breakfast I was consumed in Dayton's question. I knew I needed to find better answers that what I had given him. When breakfast was almost finished I tried to bring it up and it was no use again. By this point Dayton was hyper, wiggling, and Jace was screaming. All of this is a good reminder that Dayton understands the lessons in church as well as the lessons in family home evening and I need to be doing my best to teach him all that he needs to know about the church and the gospel.
Story 2. Yesterday at Church I had Jason's truck keys when I was in nursery. I set them down and they were gone. Its a scary thought because there were like 18 kids ages 3 and younger down to 18 months. I didn't notice the keys were gone until we were walking out to the truck and Jason asked me where they were. We looked frantically, had the bishop re-open the nursery closet and everything. After a half hour or so we gave up. On our way out of the nursery room I told Jason we were just going to have to walk home (I was not looking forward to walking at all. I was wearing almost 4 inch heals and the church is a little over a mile away from my house.) Jason freaked out calling me stupid and stomped off with Jace in his arms leaving me Dayton. I felt way bad. I knew I needed to find the keys, but I was overwhelmed with where to start. I had to carry Dayton in my arms almost the entire walk home because he said his side hurt. When I arrived home I instantly got into the car and headed back to church to look some more. I walked into the Library first thinking maybe there was a lost and found...and there they were just sitting on the counter. I was so excited. I came home and gave Jason the keys. We were civil with each other throughout the day. He and I kept our space. I told him sorry and told him he should apologize as well but he refused. Long story short. Every morning Jason always kisses me good bye and says "I love you sweetie" This morning Jason and I weren't speaking and Jason kissed the boys good bye and went to walk out the door, right then Dayton yelled out "Dad, say I love you sweetie!" Jason came in and did as Dayton had said. It made me so emotional. Wow Dayton does pay attention to how me and Jason treat each other. It was a great reminder that my kids are observant. They know when things are different between Jason and I.
Moral of the story. Kids notice the smallest of things. They understand more than parents can ever comprehend. I need to make sure that I go about everything in my day knowing full well that my kids are watching everything and they will question me on it if something doesn't make sense or if something seems out of place. I love you Dayton. Thanks for always keeping me on my toes. I also love you Jason. I am so sorry about loosing your keys. I will try to be better at not loosing things.
Mickey Mouse Invitation Template Printable Free
5 years ago

2 comments:
Kids will get you EVERY TIME! They notice EVERYTHING. It's quite amazing.
p.s. call me for a ride next time you lose the keys. That's a long walk in high heels!
did you notice that he was not talking about money or material things, but what he notices is the really important things in life. Family, Love and Happiness.
I love you gertle!
Post a Comment