Saturday morning was bright and sunny. We decided to get my Dad's new collection of bikes out, and ride them around. We had a great time. It was very stress relieving. I felt like a kid riding the bikes as fast as I could, trying to do wheelies, and trying to ride with no hands. Stacee even showed up and joined in on the fun!
After about 2 hours worth of fun, (and a really really sore butt!) I had to leave and go to Jason's Sister Janell's baby shower in Tooele. I got lost driving out there which totally sucked but once I was there everything started to get better. Jana threw a great shower! Janell received lots of great baby gifts. We are so excited for her to be having twin girls. After the shower was over I stayed to socialize with Jason's sisters and mother for a bit. Its nice to get to be included and talk with them.
I didn't get lost on my drive back. (phew) So I decided to stop by my Grandpa and Grandma Strong's house and visit with them for a bit. (I hadn't seen my grandparents since Halloween) Plus it was a great meeting point for me and my Sisters and my Dad to all meet up. The kids played fetch with balls, wrestled, played with trucks and explored. We had a nice little BBQ and soaked up the nice warm weather. It was just a taste of the summer to come.
That evening back at Dads house we just took it easy. I got the kids ready for bed, let them play with the toys for an hour, and then we went to bed. My kids love all of the trucks and play cars and toys at Dad's house You hardly had to watch them at all they were so content.
The next morning after breakfast Megan came over to hang out with us. We watched movies in one room while the kids played in the other room. We also rode bikes again outside, Played with sidewalk chalk, climbed trees and enjoyed each others company. It was so nice to be able to go to Utah and relax!!
After a yummy dinner that Kari made, we started out Journey home. The drive was easy and the kids slept almost the whole way home.
I wish we could have stayed down one more day. It was just one of those weekends that makes your heart feel full. The only way it could have been better was if Jason could have been there. Thanks Dad and Kari for letting us crash at your house. You guys were very accommodating. And thanks to my sisters who took time out of your day to drive to Payson and come and see me. I love you guys!



No comments:
Post a Comment