Monday, May 30, 2011

A "Beautiful" Memorial Day 2011

I was up this morning from 2:00 am from a cold that I came down with yesterday.  The light that shined through my window around 6:30 seemed way to bright to be the sun.  I knew from that moment on without looking that it was snowing outside.  It made me sad...I felt like crap and the weather was crap.  I had big plans to go outside and do yard work and have a fun little BBQ. 
Jason left to go work on the sled pull trucks with Jace at 8 AM.  Leaving me and Dayton to a few hours by ourselves.  Dayton woke up at 8:30 runs into my room as I am trying to hide my head under the covers wishing today would be magically sunny and says "Mom it's a beautiful day to make snowmen!!".  I laughed and said "your right buddy! It IS a beautiful day to make snowmen!".
I got up and I got in the shower while Dayton found his snow gear.  After I was dressed and ready Dayton was ready to go outside and start making his snowman.  I helped him on the first one and let him make "the mommy and they boy" by himself.  He did a great job!   His fun outside only last 15-20 minutes.  But it was enough to make him beam with happiness.


He teaches me something new everyday.  Although I might think the 30th of May should be warm and sunny without snow...it doesn't mean that it can't be a beautiful day with snow.  We at the Stott house are healthy and happy.  We have a warm house and love is all around.  It IS a beautiful day....even if we make snowmen rather than get sunburns.  There is no reason not to get out and be happy.  Happy Memorial Day! 

1 comment:

kendahl a. said...

I cannot believe it snowed on you! This weather is getting ridiculous. We went to the dunes and it was great for the most part, but came home to icky weather too. Not snow though. Glad it was fun to play in!