(this is a picture of Jace and I Thursday night 6/2/2011)
We have been having some crazy things happen around here in the past 4 days or so. Jason has been working at the shop none stop. In the past 72 hours he has had less than 12 hours of sleep. I came down with a kidney infection on Thursday putting me down and the kids have just been themselves...but with all of the craziness going on, they kinda seem more crazy than ever.
I will start off with what happened on Thursday, I started down with an UTI and it turned into a kidney infection. So I needed to get me into the doctor. Jace was also due for his 18 mo. check up. So I went ahead and booked us a double appt. Jason watched Dayton and it all seemed to work out well. We get to the doctor a half hour early and we do a new patient check in. Then they get our weight and our heights and then our vitals. Of course with an UTI they ask me to pee in a cup. So I pick up Jace and we walk to their bathroom. I do my business which is terribly painful, and I set the full cup of pee up on the designated table. Out of no where Jace dashes up and goes to grab the cup and spills my pee right down the front of him. I am DYING at this point ....... what do I do? I can't exactly go home, because Jace still needs his shots and if I did they would have to reschedule me for another day. So I start sweating because my son is cover in yuckiness and that means I have to go through a terrible amount of pain and try to pee in another cup.
First things first I take of Jaces shirt as carefully as I can and I put it in the hand sink and I turn on the water and rinse it out the best I can. Then I get a napkin, get it wet and I wash him down with some soap and take care of him. I go back to the shirt in the sink and I start washing it in hand soap (really what else do you do at this point!) Once the shirt is washed really really well and Jace is clean I hear a knock at the door. The doctor says "are you okay in there?" In my head I am thinking nope...I am just trying to keep it together as I am now laughing my butt off. I say back "yeah we are fine we will be out in a few minutes". Now I have to try to wring out all of the water of Jace's shirt. Then I have to clean up the rest of the pee ALL over the ground. ( Which Jace was determined to help me and was kinda mad that I didn't let him) It felt so gross and so wrong yet I am still laughing.
Once I am done and I get Jace's shirt wrung out again for the second time I figure its as good as its going to get and I put it back on him. After 15 minutes in the bathroom and lots of cold water in my hands I finally felt like I might beable to pee in the cup again. This time I try to keep Jace at the opposite wall and I only squeeze out maybe a tablespoon that felt like RAZOR BLADES!.. It made me sweat and want to cry but the cup made it safely in the designated area. I washed my hands and me and Jace were outta there!
I couldnt help but laugh as we were walking back into our assigned room. All I could thing was "seriously?!".
The doctor and the nurses come back in the room and say that there wasn't enough pee in the cup but they thought they would be able to send it into the hospital lab to be processed there so I wouldn't have to do it again. They give Jace his shots and finally we are finished! Once I am in my car with Jace strapped in... I had enough and I was ready for a nice quiet nap.
Story #2
We have been at the shop almost all day. Around 7:30 pm we are starved so I load the kids up in the car and head home to make dinner for us, and everyone else at the shop. By the time I am by Westridge elementary, I hear a loud "CLICK" and Dayton is immediately screaming. I look back and there is blood all over Dayton's hand. I look on the floor and there was the culprit. The Epi Pen Jr. While driving, Dayton some how managed to get out of his seat and find it and play with it... or should I say practice with it?! (I am sure he thought it was his practice one that he plays with a lot)
I pull over as fast as I can. With all of the blood I had to take Dayton's shirt off and wrap it around his hand and tell him to hold it really well till we get home. Dayton is freaking out in the back seat... which causes Jace to start to freak out ..... which is causing me to want to start freaking out! When we get home we get unloaded, and i get Dayton in the bathroom and I start to clean up his hand.
The epi pen had went off in his thumb. It was swollen and I am sure it went right to the bone. (it couldnt be that hard with a needle a 1/2 inch long) After we get it washed you could tell where it had happened because it was starting to go black and blue. We get a band aide on it and I sit with him on the couch trying to calm him down. 10 minutes later he is just fine.... calm because of the medicine in the epi pen...but he is just fine. All I can say is.... I think he learned that epi pen is not a toy, it's only for emergencies!
To sum it all up....It feels totally crazy around here. Dayton is crazy, Jace is crazy, it causes me to be crazy, and We miss Jason like crazy!

1 comment:
I'm sorry you have a kidney infection! I get UTI's all the time and a kidney infection probably once a year, and they are NOT fun at all. I can only imagine trying to take care of kids while dealing with it too. :( Hopefully you get feeling better quick!
It sounds like things are going well with the shop though; that's good!
Post a Comment