Dayton had a really bad day today. He got his little finger stuck in an aluminum can with the lid still attached a little. When I finally got his finger out it had torn all of his skin off clear to the bone, and of course it was bleeding like crazy!! I rushed him to his doctor (I was driving like a maniac with Dayton sitting on my lap and me holding his finger together the best I could) and they fit him into their schedule. When Dr. Hunter saw it, he was not sure what to do cause there is a good chance that Dayton's tendons in his finger could be cut in half. Where Dayton's finger was so little and so chubby, the doctor thought it would be best to
Dermaglue it. He was worried that stitches would have made things worse, especially where the wound is located over his whole finger and right across where his finger bends.. I have to watch it really carefully. I have to take him back to the doctor on Monday to see if he can actually move his finger. If he cant , we are going to have to get surgery on it. Not very fun. He was so brave but he still cried a lot. Especially when they had to clean it. I tried to be brave, but I found my self crying also. Its hard not to when your little one is suffering. Jason finally showed up as they were putting the bandages on it an hour later. He was so worried and I don't blame him. Dayton is feeling a little better now, he is really favoring his left hand but hopefully he will leave it alone and not make it worse.

5 comments:
oh my gosh that just happend to a little girl that lives by us! She had to get stitches!! let me know how things go!! Poor Dayton!!
Ohhh poor Dayton! His tiny finger looks so sad all wrapped up.
I'm so sorry Gertle! If you need anything at all please call me! Give Dayter bug some kisses from Mac and I!
My heart just goes out to you Jason, and of course little Dayton. I love you a lot and just hate to see my kids and grand kids hurt. Give Dayton a love, I miss you all
Mom
oh No!!! Poor little guy. I hope everything is okay. Please let me know how his doc appointment goes.
Post a Comment