Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dayton at 2 1/2


My little boy is now officially 2 1/2 years old. Its amazing how much he has grown up in the last 6 months let alone the last year. He is so independent, smart, funny, and full of happiness. My friend Rachel has even asked the question "Is he always happy this happy?" Truth is yes, Dayton is happy, hardly ever ornery. He is only sad when he has to leave his friends when he is having fun. But don't worry his feelings have a 5 second rebound rate, and he is on his next happy adventure. Dayton loves his daddy. Last night I heard something in his room at 3:30 am so I decided to check it out...it was Dayton talking in his sleep. He was talking to his daddy there was lots of mumbling but you could hear dad and daddy in a happy tone as the constant hum. Dayton is so ticklish especially on his cute little legs. Dayton loves to sing. He is always asking me to sing the monkey song with him. (5 little monkeys swinging in the tree, teasing Mr. crocodile "you can't catch me, you can't catch me. Along comes Mr. Crocodile and Snapped! ((but Dayton says Snacked!)) That monkey right out of that tree.) Dayton's hair in the last 6 months has gotten especially dark also. Dayton I will try harder in the future to treat you like the age you are. I am always trying to treat you like you are 3 and 4 years old like all of your friends. I expect way to much. In a few years I will wish I had a 2 1/2 year old back and I want to give you this age for all that its worth. I promise that I will work on it and let you be the cute little stinker that you are. In the picture above Dayton is having a play day with his buddy Max. Happy 2 1/2 years Dater bug!

No comments: