Monday, February 7, 2011

Dayton Facts

I haven't posted any facts about my little 3 year old in a while so here are a few things..


1. Dayton has a huge fascination with superhero/scary/fighting cartoons. (I guess this means goodbye nick Jr.?!)
2. After a full year and a half Dayton is now fully...FULLY potty trained!  Because of the complete agony Dayton put me through, I am certain that Jace will be wearing diapers until he is 20.  (unless he does it completely by himself)
3.  Dayton loves preschool.  To date there have only been 2 days where I have had to drag him there.  He is learning so much and he loves it.  But I must mention this, everyday without fail when I go to pick him up, He lights up as soon and he See's me, he runs towards me yelling "Mommy"or "MOM!!".  It melts my heart every time.  He acts as if he hasn't seen me for weeks when its only been 2 1/2 hours.
4.  Dayton loves his little brother Jace. ALL day long they are playing.
5.  Dayton loves to swim.  I don't take him often especially with the shop open but Dayton asks 2 or 3 times a week if we can go swimming.
6.  Dayton will only eat junk food.  He has never been a very good eater but he has taken a turn for the worst.  I can't get this kid to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner.  Just snacks like chips, candy, crackers, cookies, juice, pop, jerky.  Its really frustrating and we have tried so many different options but none of them seem to work.  This kid doesn't care if he misses a full day worth of meals!
7.  Dayton's favorite color (this week) is green.  Two days ago he asked me if I would make him a green bed and paint the walls in his room green.
8.  Dayton is still ACTIVE!  Although it drives me crazy 95% of the time, I wouldn't change this kid for the world.  Dayton will never be that calm little boy that sits in his chair for 3 hours straight without a wiggle.  This kid gets in as many movements in a day, as a marathon runner gets in foot steps in their run.  He loves to be HAPPY.  One day we hope to make it through a day at church with my sanity in check.
9.  Dayton loves his family.  He is always asking about grandpa, grandma, aunts, uncles, cousins, Jason and I.  He wants to know what they are doing, and when he gets to see them.  Wanna know how much this kid loves his momma?  Last week Dayton went into my jewelry cabinet found an old ring, came up to me and said "Mom, will you marry me?"  It was so cute.  I taught him that Dad married me and that I was already taken.  I told him that one day he would find his princess and he will ask her to marry him. 

Dayton you are growing so fast.  There are so many things that I can talk about when it comes to you.  Your my little sweetie, and I can wait to see what you are going to come up with next!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay for being potty trained!

Sara Oliver said...

He is so precious! Love him, hug him, rock him for tomorrow he will be rocking you.