Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lagoon 2010





On Thursday night me and my two boys made the drive down to Utah so we could make it to the annual Strong Family Lagoon Day on Friday the 15th of July. It was hot that day to say the least. Especially when you are only used to the heat of Rock Springs.
Dayton enjoyed the rides a lot this year. It really helped that he had his bestest little cousin Macade to ride the rides with. Dayton's favorite rides included the car track, Bugley the whale, carousel, and the train. He was really good at going on any ride that we put him on including the tilt-o-whirl, the haunted house, and the adult bumper cars.
Jace was only able to ride the carousel and the train at Lagoon and he loved both of them. Jace had a fever that day but he was a champ and hardly cried or fussed.
I think boys favorite part about Lagoon was the open water area at the entrance of the park. It was so nice to get to cool down there. After Dayton got over his water nervousness he finally had some fun with the water and didn't want to leave at all.
Grandma Strong and my dad were nice enough to take my boys for me and Stacee so we were able to do some grown up only rides. We went on the Samurai and Wicked. Both were soo fun. This was my first year being able to ride them because last year I was prego with Jace, the year before that Dayton was too young for the trip so we didn't go, and the year before that I was prego with Dayton. The lines were crazy long and after being gone for more than an hour on just the 2 rides we decided that we better get back to our kids.
In total we were at Lagoon from 11am to 9:30pm. My boys were exhausted. They both slept the whole way back to my dads house in Saratoga Springs. It was a great day. I love it that my grandma Strong has so many family get together's. Its soo nice to be able to connect with family. I hope that when I grow up I can be a fun grandma and dedicate so much time to family fun. As always we will look forward to Lagoon again next year.

1 comment:

DigandStacee said...

YAY It was such a fun day! My favorite part was listening to you scream like you were 5 again on wicked! haha Love ya!