Thursday, February 12, 2009

Respond from Kasha

(I copied this from Kashas blog and decided to post it on my cause it was pretty funny and I seriously forgot all about it....here it is.....) Well, today I was reminded of the good old days and good old friends! A good friend of mine, Liz Strong, posted about the fun times we had growing up! It really got me thinking and I wanted to share a some of my memories as well... I remember one cold wet rainy day when I was over at Liz's house and we noticed their dog Barneby carrying something in his mouth, it was a baby squirell! It was soaking wet, whether from dog slobber or the rain I don't know. It was cold and sad looking and it was barely moving! So Liz and I being the caring kids that we were decide to save the squirell! We dried it off and warmed it up but its back legs weren't working so well... That didn't stop us, we made it a wheel chair out of legos and strapped it onto the back end of the squirell. I am not gonna lie, it didn't work too well. After a while its back legs were still not working, we figured the dog may have "accidentally" hurt it. But we continued to keep the baby warm and dry... Well, a few hours later the squirell really woke up!!!! Can I just say that I don't think that squirrel appreciated a thing we did to help it, because all of a sudden that squirrel was vicious!! It growled and tried to bite and get away! It turned into a disaster but we laughed so hard, that little squirrel was MAD! I think it ended up dying and I am sure we cried and had a funeral for it! That was just one of MANY memories of crazy things we did! I hope that my children will have good friends like that and that they will have fun memories to look back on! Miss you LIZ!

4 comments:

Ryan & Kasha said...

I remember all those times! Lol The logs were hilarious, I thought we were really going to die!!!
We ALWAYS had fun at girls camp and ward activities!! Actually we had fun no matter where we were or what we were doing! Ha ha! And somehow animals were usually involved!

Sara Oliver said...

Yes I can remember the time at girls when a couple girls ( i wonder which ones?) decided to get on the logs and I spent the time trying to get you two warm, hot chocolate and making you get naked in the sleeping bag. :)

Sara Oliver said...

Of course by your self in the sleeping bag. ( after reading my comment I thought I better clarify)

Ryan & Kasha said...

Lol your mom is hilarious! And I do remember her helping us! Lol thanks Sara!