Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Accident.

After mom left, I went into Rick and Cathy's trailer.  We talk and laughed.  It was just Cathy, Kari, Rhett and I.  We started talking about ghosts.  It was around 9 pm that night.  I had a really crazy hair raising moment and it felt like electricity went through me.  I said something to Kari and Cathy about it, and they responded that it was weird and scary.     Everyone came in the camper and we started to watch a movie.  It was cold and I was tired so I went in my trailer with Rhett and fell asleep. 
A half hour or so Jason and the kids came and fell asleep also. 
BANG, BANG, BANG.  I wake up to someone banging on the trailer door.  I look out the window and see cop lights flashing the red white and blue colors.  Jason rushes to find some clothes to open the door.   He finally gets outside as the police officer is telling my Dad that there is a family emergency, and we were to call Stacee.   Jason rushes inside and tells me "There is a family emergency involving Stacee, We have to go get service and find out what is going on."  Just then Rhett starts to cry and needs to be put back to sleep.  I tell Jason to hurry and go find out. I was going to stay with Rhett and the kids.   My body is shaking uncontrollably.  I knew the news was bad.  It had to be for a cop to show up at camp.  I tried to lay their with Rhett.  I kept on saying, "No, no, no"  My initial instincts told me something was wrong with Stacee, or Digger or the boys.  Then my mind flew to Megan, Lee or Rex.  I was in a panic.   I didn't know what was wrong or who it involved and I felt as if I was alittle crazy. 
I heard the RZR come back into the campground and get close to the trailer and stop.  Jason opens the trailer door "Sweetie you have to get in the razor now!  Leave Rhett, you have to go!"  "Why, what happened?  Who is it?" I say it and my voice is shaking.  I stand up out of bed and I walk towards Jason.  "Who is it?"  He just looked at me  "Who is it? you have to tell me!?"  Jason responds "Stacee wants to tell you."   "Jason please tell me!! Who is it?"  Jason looks at the ground and then looks at me right in the eyes "Your mom was in a car accident  and she passed away."    I feel my body start to fall.  I put my head in my hands and start saying " no, no , no, no, no!  She was just here! Are they sure she is dead? She cant be dead.  I need my mom!!" Jason rushes towards me and puts his arms around me as my body looses its power to stand.  My heart is pounding, there is a lump in my throat, tears are streaming, adrenaline is all throughout my body.  I can even feel it in my finger tips.  Jason says "You have to go call Stacee right now"  He helped me put on my coat and then turned around to hold my crying baby.  
We stepped out of the trailer, Jason handed Rhett to Cathy and Jason helped me get in his dads razor.  No one is saying anything.   It is so cold!  Jason Steps on the throttle and the rzr zooms to the woops that lead to the sand dunes.   We fly over the woops and get onto the straight that leads to a mountain sand hill.  
Once we get to the top Jason checks his phone for service.  Then he dials Stacee and hands the phone over to me.  Three rings and Stacee answers "Hello? she says almost sounding like she is fine.   "Stacee"  My voice breaks.  "Liz, (Stacee starts to cry) mom has been in a car accident and was killed"  She sobs and I sob.  What do you say?  What do you do?  I just cry.   "We have been trying to call you for hours but where you don't have phone service we had to call the police and send them out to let you know,  We need you right now Sister.   We don't know what to do.  We need our Sister"  "Okay I am coming, What happened?"  "The trailers started to sway and it made the truck roll Mom was dead at the scene" I take a deep breathe in "When did it happen?" I ask.  Stacee says "it happened around 9.  Mark was life flighted to the hospital and Emma is fine."  My mind flashes back to watching mom get in the truck first and watching Emma get in second.  Stacee and I cry a little longer together and then I tell her that I am coming.   When we say goodbye I hang up the phone and I put my head down and I cry. 
I feel Jason, and my dads hands rubbing my back.  My mom is gone.   This has to be a nightmare.  I cant believe this!!   Jason turns the RZR back on and then head back towards camp.  Again there is no talking just me with my head down sobbing.   Once we were back Jason and my dad help me out of the RZR and walk me to my trailer where Cathy, Rick, Kari and Rhett were waiting for me.  They already know the news.  They are just wanting to see me.  Kari rushes towards me and puts her arms around me and we cry.   Cathy then does the same.   Then follows Rick.  My sobs are loud and I don't care. Someone asks what we are going to do.  I say "My Sisters need me.  We have to go!"  Everyone agrees.  
Jason, Rick and my Dad get to work loading the trailer up, while I go into Cathy's trailer and talk with her and Kari.  I tell them that I am so glad I got to spend the weekend with my mom.  I am so glad that me and my mom were on good terms.  I am so glad I got to say goodbye and tell her that I loved her before she drove off.  I tell them that I am worried about my sisters.  Shae is only 18 she still needs a mother so badly.  Rick and Jason bring in Dayton and Jace and lay them on the couch so they can continue sleeping while the machines were being pulled into the trailer.
In a matter of minutes after the boys were brought in, the trailer is ready to go and Jason has the semi running.  Because its 1:30 at night Jason and I agree that is probably not a good idea to take all three boys with us.  So we load Rhett in his car seat and leave Dayton and Jace with Rick and Cathy.  They would bring the boys with them to Lehi in the morning. We say goodbye to everyone and they tell us to drive safe. 
The roads are dark and we know there is high possibility of deer being in the road.  Jason asks me for help to spot them out.  I'm scared and numb. I have so many emotions flowing through my body I know I am just the girl for the deer spotting job.  15 to 20 minutes into our drive, I think to myself,  "Mom is spirit now.  Where is she?"  I had this feeling and I speak out loud to Jason "Jason, I have a feeling that we need to drive by the accident."  I start to cry "I have a feeling that mom is wandering around and lost and we need to go and get her!" 
 An electrical hair raising feeling rushes through my body and I feel an intense spirit,  I look over to Jason and he is feeling the exact same thing.  Jason looks at me and says "Well you might want to look in the back seat.  She is here"  I can most definitely feel my mom.  I know she is in the truck with us.  I look in the back seat and see some sort of an image.  I smile at mom and say "Hi mom"  silence follows.  I cant hear anything but I can still feel her as if she was saying "hi" back.  I then say "I love you mom!" She just sits there.  She seems content and at peace.  It feels me with peace.  I don't know how spirits travel.  I really don't think they need car rides.  But who knows. Maybe mom was wandering.  Maybe when I said something out loud she was able to find us.  Maybe everyone was too deep in their mourning that mom couldn't reach them and where Jason and I were calm she was able to make her presence known.  Who knows. All Jason and I know, is mom was there. And she remained there with us for almost 2 hours. 
 
(I asked mom in my head if I could take a picture of her and she neither agreed or disagreed, so I took one anyways.  I knew I could see some sort of a spirit back there, and sure enough to my surprise you can see some sort of an image in the back passenger seat in this picture)
 
I talked to her, and looked back to her often.  I didn't want her to leave.   I called Stacee when we came into phone service.  After she said hello, I said "Do you want to say something to mom? She is in the truck with us right now."  Stacee said "What?!?!"  I said "I think she needs a ride to your house"  Stacee says "Tell her I love her" We talked for a bit longer and the phone call ended.  I kept checking back for mom.  She was still there.  I sent a text to Megan.  She said she was tired and she wanted to sleep and that she was going to be at Stacees house in the morning.  She didn't have a message for Mom.  I texted Shae and Shae said to tell mom she loved her.
I got on facebook and start reading all the posts about mom.  I read them to her.  I knew she was listening.  Finally my sister Megan posted.  I read Megan's post dedicated to mom and once I was finished, mom left.  No more peace. No more good feeling.  No more comfort.  Just loneliness.  I don't know where Mom went, but I would imagine she went to Megan's house.  I think she was concerned about her and was trying to reach her. 
I tried to be brave for the rest of the drive.  I felt different now than what I did when mom was with me.  I was so alone and the world was cold.  I would cry and then stop, and then cry some more.  I just wanted to be with my sisters at this point. 
We arrived in Lehi around 7 that morning.  I opened the door and ran into Stacee's house as soon as the truck came to a stop.  Once I opened the door I saw my sisters sitting by the fire place.  I stopped right there.  I was next to Stacee's dining table and I put my hand on the table cause I could feel my legs weaken.  I started to sob again.  The same as I did before with my family in my trailer at the sand dunes.   Stacee and Shae rushed to me and put their arms around me.   We found some sort of comfort in each others arms as we cried.   This cant be happening.  Moms death was real at that moment. 
After several minutes standing there in the dining room we separated and walked back over the fireplace.  I asked where Megan was and they said that she was on her way.  My body was aching like my heart.  I was exhaust already and I smelled like I ran a marathon.   I asked Jason to get my clothes and I went to go get cleaned up for the day. 
While I was getting bathed, Stacee came to the door and said "The accident is on the news"  I said "Okay I will see it in a minute"  I hurried and finished my washing, got dressed and combed my hair and walked out to the living room where Jason had it pulled up on his phone.   He pushed play and handed me the phone.   I walked away with the phone in hand watching in devastation of the accident pictures, and all the updates.   I was horrified.  My heart was heavy. It hurt so much more now that it has since I found out.  Seeing the accident made it so much worse not better.  I fell to my knees when the video was over, and put my head down to my legs and sobbed. 
Megan just then walked through the door.  She looked around, set Rex down and then headed my way.  I told her that the video was terrible and it makes it harder and more real.  Megan watched it and had a similar reaction to what I had experienced.  Total devastation.   
 


CEDAR CITY — One person was pronounced dead on the scene when a pick-up truck pulling a trailer rolled on northbound I-15 near milepost 49 on Sunday at approximately 9:19 p.m.   
 It appears this group was headed home from some type of weekend outing Sunday.According to UHP, a 1972 pickup was pulling two separate trailers on northbound 1-15 just outside of Cedar City by mile post 49. The first trailer was a travel trailer and the second was a flat-bed pulling 4-wheelers. UHP said the 53-year-old driver stated he felt the chain of trailers start to swerve. He put on the brakes but lost control. The pick-up ran off the road and flipped. UHP said the three people inside where pinned. The driver was air lifted to a Las Vegas hospital in critical condition. A passenger, 50-year-old Sara Oliver, was pronounced dead on the scene. A 12-year-old girl was taken by ambulance to a local hospital. UHP is still investigating but said only one passenger inside the truck was wearing a seat belt. Investigators do not believe drugs or alcohol were factors in the crash.

Read more at http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=27326356#ZO5Zzze408FuJktc.99

No comments: